Studio Photos 05/25/12

I was a little hesitant to post photos of the reroot that I’m working on, mostly because the last reroot I did I ended up really not being happy with the final doll, so she was never released. Still, I’m going to be a bit MIA while I work on this so I might as well show what’s going on! I really love rerooting, it’s nice to have something crafty I can do after work when my brain is basically fried.

After I finished Marley I figured I would only do one Monster High custom … yeah. Then I went to Toys R Us and they had tons of the dolls and the expansion packs and I snapped a bunch of them up. In the Bone Girl set (which has awesome skeleton hand, arm, and leg attachments) there was a wig; it was literally one of the worst quality wigs I had ever seen in my entire life. I tried washing it but it was in a such a state of disasterfication that I just chopped all the hair off, pulled the plug roots out with some pliers, washed the paint off with acetone, and got to work rerooting. This lime and seafoam green combo is one I had wanted to use for a while anyway and the locked loop reroot method is working just fine. I think there are about 5 hours in it as of the photo above, but I admit to being really slow.

After the hair is done and I know it’s not lousy I’ll start on the custom, for now I still need to finish the Pullip I’ve been working on, she’s all done except for her shoes, if you can believe it, and I really want to take some photos outside. Wish me luck!

~ Ms. Bee

Advertisements

2 comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s